- My physical well being I would rate as a 4. I have not devoted as much time as I once did regarding my physical health. This year I lost 45 pound by cutting out junk foods and eating only real foods such as fruits and vegetables and meats. I abstained from anything processed or boxed. The first week was so difficult but as time went on it was a challenge to myself to see how many days I could do this for. My spiritual well-being I would rare at a 6. I practice calming behaviors that help to regulate my inner being. By having a positive helpful attitude I believe that you can bring about positive life choices. I am working extensively and actively on my psychological well-being through therapy with myself and with my daughter. Last year i began taking Wellbutrin due to my severe anxiety and my life has been changed. I no longer have feelings of extreme anxiety and I am able to cope with family crisis much easier.
- Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological). My main goal is to start working out at he gym again at least four times per week .When I was on a regimented schedule of exercise I felt much better about myself and made overall life choices much easier.
- What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal? To make it a scheduled appointment to work out at least four times a week doing exercises that I enjoy so that the gym is not a horrible experience that I dread.
- Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here. Describe your experience. (What it beneficial? Frustrating? etc.) The rainbow mediation exercise was a little difficult to get into. I felt like my mind kept wondering to places whenever a different color was mentioned. The green color got me because I have never associated green with love. Orange is a color to which I believe no one should ever wear and the red color I kept associating with a candied apple. Maybe the candied apple kept coming up because it is that time of the year. I dont know why this is named crime of the century.. It was kinda misleading I kept thinking that the mystery of Jimmy Hoffa would have been solved. This wasn't the warm and fussy exercise as the one last time was. I swear last time I could feel my hands getting heavy. This time the colors just didn't pop from my body the way they probably should have.
Monday, November 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Julie,
ReplyDeleteI can relate to you on the stress and anxiety issue. I hope can try to relax and let it just sit with you for a minute when trying the exercises. Working out at the gym is a great goal and I know you will feel better getting some of that negative energy out. I reccomend yoga because it is so destressing and stretching those muscles in the mornings really do make a tried achey body feel so much better and ready to move. Good Luck on your adventure in life.
Amee
Hello Julie,
ReplyDeleteI feel some disappoint and great progress with you and your physical being. Pickup your spirit and allow yourself to fly! We all can get down on ourselves, as I did recently regarding a fluctuation in my weight. Most of it was stressed related and a change is job situation but also an injured foot and hip flexor. I bought a workout video called Turbo Jam to keep me motivated physically and track my workout via a website application. Great job on your diet! I have personal experience with that challenge. For me it’s not food but booze is my Achilles heel. When doing any kind of mental exercise concentrate on the breath. Relax and let go! It will get easier with practice and always remember to stay in the moment. Good luck and pleasant sailing.
Hey Julie. The frustrations of motherhood are already enough, but coupled by a child with more challenges than normal is quite a challenge itself. We have to be intentional about our well being. I certainly applaud your efforts. We must make it a practice of being well. Keep up the techniques. You're doing it girl, I wish you the best.
ReplyDeleteCarla
Hello Julie!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your blog post and I agreed on many levels, especially the fact that the relaxation exercise we did with the title Crime of the Century was a bit frustrating. And what an awful title to the exercise! I hardly paid any attention to the colors and was so exhausted from the day that I nearly fell asleep, although my mind did wander from here to there.
Congrats on losing the weight and keep it up. I understand how hard it is to maintain a regular exercise schedule when there are children, jobs, and other stressors in life. I also applaud your effots along with Carla. Take care and looking forward to reading more blogs from you.
Hi Julie,
ReplyDeleteThat is grrat that you were able to lose weight and cut out junk food. I also lost a lot of weight this year however I was not able to cut out junk food. I am very picky so changing my eating would have been very difficult. I did it just by exercising I would go twice a day five days a week and once a day on the weekends. I would say that I was addicted to it. However know I no longer go twice a day and I do not go on the weekends. Since I have slacked off with going making it an everyday thing can be difficult. I totally understand what you mean for me I try and go at the same time everyday to stay in a routine. Good luck:)
-Ashley
Julie,
ReplyDeleteI just want to say Congratulations on all that you have accomplished in the past year. It sounds like you have lots of determination and motivation and with that you will go far with your optimal well-being. Keep up the good work and don't lose sight of your goals. You've got this! Have a great week, Tiffany Stein