Monday, November 26, 2012



Having an open and honest assessment of myself is a difficult task. I think all four areas of my life psycho spiritual, biological, interpersonal and worldly need to be personally focused in on and worked on. Looking at each level with an open and honest assessment means to  dig deep to discover what areas that I am lacking in. Growing spiritually for me is a difficult process. My parents did not instill any spiritual beliefs. They were very self centered people who held materialism as their god. Neither one had a strong moral base from which to operate from. In turn I feel that I have largely taught myself how to be spiritual. A spiritual belief is important for me because it places a power higher than myself in charge. I find I am most out of balance in this area. By not being in balance spiritually it makes all the other areas in my life become out of balance.
   I have not made very good decisions in my personal life, from picking an ex husband who was a drug addict to my last relationship. On the build up side I have lost 45 pounds in the last year, which I owe much to positive thinking.  Whenever I wanted to eat something sweet I would drink glasses of water and choose something healthy. This last week I found myself rewarding my daily good deeds with sugary sweets again. So today I have nipped those bad habits in the bud. My confidence excels when I am physically fit and eat correctly.  My daily activities now include taking ten minutes out for silent reflection. Some days this seems like an impossible task. When I apply the witnessing mind to my patients it helps me to feel their pain and I can console them easier. I am only in control of my actions, and my mood can influence many people that surround me. In the past people have called the general and have claimed that I am not a warm and fuzzy kind of person. I am working very hard to become a warmer fuzzier kind of person who shows on the outside just how much I care about all of those people who surround me.

2 comments:

  1. Julie,
    I have to say that you are truly inspiring. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for sharing your personal struggles and endeavors. I think that it is so important for us to look back on our lives and assess the good and bad of our past and allow it to make us better not bitter. I have to agree that spirituality is the most important thing to me. When I am spiritually dry everything else suffers. I have to reevalutate things and make sure that my focus is on God and trust that he will make all things work together for good. Have a bless week, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you have used your positive thinking to turn things around for yourself. Spiritualism helps me feel better when it seems that nothing is going my way.It is a wonderful thing to have a higher power. Gives you something to give your stress away to.

    ReplyDelete