Tuesday, December 4, 2012


During the meditation I keep thinking of a old charter from the hobbit. I envisioned Gandolf sitting on a hill living meagerly. I choose to envision that person teaching me about the lessons of life. I have no wise people in my life. I did see a mystic environment that was filled with light and good smelling plumarias. Mediation with scents can help to invoke positive images and senses in order to relax you. I enjoy the smell of plumeria because it reminds me of my childhood in Hawaii. I felt a great sense of calm during the exercise. I hope one day I can become that level of leader or obtain the wiseness that this person has obtained.
    Leading by example is extremely important to me as a single mother of three children. Children only know what you teach them. It is my job to evolve and grow so that they can emulate this by embracing learning. Through out the time of this course I have grown tremendously my meditative practice. Now that I am able to obtain calmness from meditation,  I can better advise my children and my patients the benefits of meditation. When I now advise my labor patients to breathe deeply, it has taken no a whole new meaning because I have come to appreciate the benefits of deep breathing. Utilizing your breath to control pain is a method that people have used for century's. The new generation does not feel comfortable experiencing any pain at all. I have had patients complain that a blood pressure cuff pains them. We have eroded any pain coping responsibilities by not teaching people how to naturally resolve their pain.
   As a health professional it is my example that needs to be followed. I do not smoke, drink and I eat a healthy varied diet. I do not exercise the way that I should and this is an area that I need to improve. I do believe in the benefits of exercise however I make a million excuses why I can not exercise, no time, housework ect...Teaching my patients healthy habits will insure that they experience the highest level of integral health care.
   By examining the personal areas in my life I can help to reduce stress from unnecessary people and noise clutter. As my mental paradyme changes so will the care that I give to my patients. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow.It really sounds like that you are taking advantage of those exercises. It is working out well for you. I have to practice a lot on my focusing. One moment I have a visualization, then the next moment everything seems blank. The I think something is wrong, because I am just sitting there staring into nothing without thoughts. I want to feel like you make it sound...

    ReplyDelete