Monday, December 24, 2012

Unit 10



My spirituality has been raised to an eight or nine. I have never been touched more by the spirit of god than I have lately. With the recent findings of breast cancer I am so glad I have my spirituality to cling to. Psychologically I am becoming stronger and stronger. I no longer feel the need to have another person in  my life. I am able to self southe and talk myself through difficult situations. My scores had radically changed from the beginning of the course. I have been practicing meditation for thirty minutes every day since the course started. I am able to quiet my mind and listen well to others now. Before I just heard people now I actually listen to people and try to see their point of view without personalizing it. Utilizing the breathing exercises recently assisted me during the two biopsies that I under went. My care takers were caring and loving though my medical procedures. Practicing loving kindness through positive acts has made a difference in the way I see people.  This class has changed the way t hat I see the old and how the world envisions me. I frequent involve my children in my meditation even though they think I'm somewhat crazy. Crazy or not it has provided an incredible sense of peace and relaxation. 
 julie Pierce

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,
    I too have found myself looking further into everyday conversations with others and analyzing my actions from the time I take in what someone is saying to how I process it and perceive it. The Practices have been somewhat beneficial to me but I prefer sounds that are distinctive, easy to identify what I am listening to. This class has certainly changed the way perceive negative information. Rather that information is my own or someone else’s.

    Happy Holidays

    Janice

    ReplyDelete